from The Incidental Economist at http://bit.ly/2vGJXPi on August 7, 2017 at 08:17PM
Firearms have a long and unique history in the United States. They’re controversial, and they have a huge impact on public health and safety. This month’s special Healthcare Triage series will look at firearms as a public health issue in the United States. This week, we’ll be looking at the history of guns in the US, and how gun legislation has changed over the last couple of hundred years, and how courts’ interpretations of the second amendment have changed. In the next few weeks, we’ll look at gun homicides, gun suicides, and firearm policy.
This series was supported in part by a grant from the NIHCM.
- The Second Amendment & the Right to Bear Arms
- The Secret History of Guns
- The History and Evolution of Guns as Told Through Pictures
- A Brief History of Firearms
- Why millions of Americans — including me — own the AR-15
- Why Do Democrats Keep Trying to Ban Guns That Look Scary, Not the Guns That Kill the Most People?